APPENDIX E Faximum Installation Service
If you would prefer, Faximum Software provides a software installation service for all of its products. If your computer has a dial-up or telnet connection, one of Faximum Software's engineers can dial up your computer and perform the necessary network configuration and software installation. There is, of course, a modest fee for this service. Please contact Faximum Sales (+1 604 925 3600, firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information and to arrange for us to handle your installation.
In order to have the information necessary to plan the installation, Faximum will need the answers to the following questions. If you would prefer to discuss any of these questions with an installation engineer in order to fully understand the ramiftions of each installation option this also can be arranged as part of the installation service.
1. What operating system are you intending to use to host the Faximum Messaging Server?
2. Are you running DNS? Internally or externally (i.e. on a server on your LAN or on a server external to your LAN)?
3. Do you plan to use the same fax server to handle outbound traffic and inbound traffic?
4. Is the machine that is to be the outbound fax server currently running an email (SMTP) server?
5. If yes, what email server is it running (sendmail or ??)?
6. Is the machine(s) that is to be the fax server currently running a web (HTTP) server?
7. If yes, what web server is it running (Apache or ??)?
8. If yes, do you want to run FMS (the cgi-bin components) under your existing web server or do you wish to assign a different port number to FMS and use the FMS mini-web server?
9. What client machines (HP-UX, Win95, Win98, WinNT 3.51, WinNT 4.0, Win2K, Mac, etc.) do you intend to use to originate email/fax messages?
10. What client machines (HP-UX, Win95, Win98, WinNT 3.51, WinNT 4.0, Win2K, Mac, etc.) do you intend to use to receive/view fax/email messages?
11. What email clients (Eudora, Outlook Express, elm, etc.) are you planning to use?
12. Is the SMTP server that your client machines use to send email the same as the server to be used for outbound faxes?
13. Are your client machines using POP3 or IMAP4 for inbound email messages?
14. Is your POP3/IMAP4 server the same machine as the fax server or a different machine?
15. Is dial-up or telnet access available to the fax server(s) so that Faximum staff can access the systems to perform the installation and/or configuration?© 2001 Faximum Software Inc.
Faximum Technical Support