The Fax Scheduler
The following lists the steps that Faximum takes to schedule
a fax for transmission after the user chooses the Send Fax button:
- Obtains the following information from the class associated with
the fax transmission:
- The deadline (maximum minutes). This tells Faximum how long it can
wait to send the fax.
- The list of Trunk Groups that can be used for the call. This identifies
the fax phone lines that can be used for the call. If all lines are of the same type
(for example, no leased lines), then all lines usually have the same Trunk Group
- Whether or not the fax can be batched together with other faxes.
- Resolves the fax number to a specific dial string.
To do this, Faximum uses the
Dialing Rules that the user has permission for.
- Examines the tariff associated with the dial string and
determine the cheapest time to send the fax within the
- Schedules the fax.
- When the scheduled time arrives, send the fax on the first
available line in the specified Trunk Group.
- If more than one fax is scheduled for transmission at the
same time to the same fax machine (or same Faximum user),
Faximum batches the faxes into one transmission if permitted.