convert... - Render and convert files to TIFF-F
convert-script [ options ] files
The file conversion scripts
standard interface to the various programs used to convert files into fax
Faximum supports a number of file formats: ASCII, TIFF,
Also note that the Faximum client is able to handle a number of other
file formats itself. For more information, see
Supported File Types.
When a file is to be sent by fax it must first be converted into fax
(TIFF-F) format. There is a program for each of the
different file formats
Unfortunately each of these programs takes a slightly different set of
parameters and arguments. To make converting files easier, some scripts
have been written to accept a standard set of parameters and call the
appropriate conversion program. This manual page describes this standard
set of parameters.
- Appends to an existing TIFF file (otherwise overwrites existing file).
The file is created if it does not already exist.
- Produces high (fine) resolution output (204 d.p.i. horizontally and
196 d.p.i. vertically). This is the default.
- Produces low (standard) resolution output (204 d.p.i. horizontally
and 98 d.p.i. vertically).
- -o file
- Uses the named file as the TIFF output file. This option is
required when using convert scripts.
- -O overlay-file
- Uses the named file (which must be a TIFF image in
either standard or fine resolution) as the letterhead overlay. If the
overlay file contains only one TIFF image, this image is overlayed on
every page rendered by asciitiff. If the overlay file contains more than
one TIFF image, the first image is overlayed on the first page rendered
by asciitiff, and the second overlay file image is overlayed on every
subsequent page rendered by asciitiff.
- -P page-number
- Changes asciitiff's idea of the current page number thus
affecting which overlay TIFF page is overlayed. For example,
asciitiff -O ovfile -P 2 ... causes asciitiff to overlay the second page of
ovfile on every page rendered by asciitiff. This option makes sense only
when used with the -O option and with a multi-page overlay file.
- -s size
- Sets the size of the page to be created. The value may be
suffixed by i to indicate inches (the default), c for centimeters, or p for
- Trims trailing whitespace from the bottom of each page.
/convert/* (conversion scripts)