The System Databases
Only the FSA may modify the system database files.
If the system has been configured to enforce security,
the FSA must
grant users permission to use specific Account, Class,
Style records to enable the user to use Faximum.
(See The Permission Database and Default Permissions.)
These are the system database files that
the FSA controls:
- The Account Database
- Contains the Faximum billing accounts.
The FSA assigns accounts to users. A user may use any
account for which he or she has permission.
- The Class Database
- The Dialing Rule Database
- Determines what class of transmission
service will be used. It also provides for "intelligent" dialing.
For example, you can set up dialing rules so that
Faximum determines if the call is local or long distance and
adds or drops the appropriate country and area codes.
- The Fax Line Database
- Contains information on the individual fax telephone
lines connected to the server.
- The Permission Database
- Contains information about the permissions granted a
user or a group of users.
- The Printer Database
- Contains information on printers that may be
used to print outgoing faxes. The FSA establishes
entries for each printer on the system.
- The Style Database
- Contains information that
controls the appearance of transmitted faxes,
including the layout of the cover sheet.
The FSA creates styles in the database and
gives permission to users to access individual
- The Tariff Database
- Contains information about the cost of placing
telephone calls. The Dialing Rule database references entries
in this database in order to indicate the tariff associated
with calls to certain areas placed on certain lines.
- The User Database
- Identifies users and their privileges in order to