The Style Database
The style records control the appearance of the fax.
The Fax System Administrator
is responsible for this database and assigns users
styles to use.
The style records contain the following:
- Style Name - name of a style to use; must be unique
- Cover Sheet - absolute pathname on the server of the
file that contains the description and layout of the cover sheet.
- Retry Cover Sheet - absolute pathname on the server of
a replacement for the original cover sheet
in case a transmission fails on the third or subsequent page.
The message on this sheet may mention that this transmission
is the remainder of an earlier attempt.
- Overlay Images - Optional The absolute pathname of the file that
contains the overlay image(s)
to be associated with this style. The file must be a TIFF-F file
with 1 or 2 pages.
- Banner1, Banner2 - Banner(s) to be added to the top
scan lines (usually about 20 lines)
of each transmitted page. These banners may contain any
ASCII characters and a number of
- TSI - the Transmitting Subscriber Identification to send to the
receiving fax machine. According to
ITU-T standards, this should
contain only digits and the plus ("+") symbol.
See CSI and TSI Values.
- From and To Fields - these entries control what Faximum
puts on the cover sheet for a particular style. You can turn
the display on and off. Turning the From data on and
off affects the display on the composer window. See
To and From Data on a Cover Sheet.
- Field Size - maximum number of characters allowed in all of
the above fields. We recommend that you use a value of 32.
- Max.char/line in Message - maximum characters allowed in message
portion of the cover sheet. We recommend that you use a value of 60.
This controls the width of the message field in the Compose Outgoing
- Message lines on 1st Page - lines allowed for messages on
first page of cover sheet. Currently not implemented.
- Message lines on 2nd Page - lines allocated for messages
on the second page. Currently not implemented.
- Lines for Signature - lines allocated for signatures.
Currently not implemented.
- Page Length - Length to use when preparing the
cover sheet and/or attachments. Select one of the
- No pad - indicates no padding. This feature is useful for
saving paper on FAX machines that use roll paper.
Rather than padding each page to a standard page size
(such as letter size), this option tells Faximum to
truncate attachments to the length of the rendered image.
- Letter - 11 inches (280 millimetres)
- legal - 14 inches (356 millimetres)
- A4 - 297 millimetres
- Page Width - width in pixels to use when preparing
the cover sheet and/or attachments. Standard is the only
- Horizontal Pixels - number of horizontal pixels
to use when preparing the cover sheet and/or attachments.
Standard is the only choice.
- Vert Resolution - vertical resolution to use when
preparing the cover sheet and/or attachments.
Select one of the following:
- Standard - 98 vertical dpi
- Fine - 196 vertical dpi